Bullying can mar a life. Bullying can be the difference between loving coming to school and dreading every minute of it.
It is every single persons job to help eliminate bullying
It is never enough to say -‘It’s just a bit of fun’ or ‘there will always be bullies; it’s just part of life’.
Our school stands for the care of others, it stands for decency and compassion
Look at the value statement in the school ethos
In coming to this School each student, parent and staff member shall uphold the values of the School which include:
- Integrity – uprightness, honesty and decorous conduct, governed by the Holy Bible;
- Care & Compassion – kindness, consideration and generosity to all;
- Respect – for all people, property, opinions and authority;
- Responsibility – for our actions, progress and the environment; and
- Commitment – to self-discipline and the pursuit of excellence.
If these words are to mean anything we have to act, we have to stamp out bullying completely. It is never good enough to say it has to happen. Not caring or being uncaring are not necessary aspects of anyone’s life.
A bully needs fuel
Cut off the fuel by
- Not joining in- even it appears harmless- cutting words hurt and run deep.
- Being a part of stopping it- it’s not enough to let it happen and say ‘I didn’t join in’. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
- Report and challenge!
- Actively include.
- Create a culture where the bully feels that their actions are not wanted and will be challenged
A kind word, a warm welcome, a smile can make the difference- BE PART OF THE SOLUTION AND END BULLYING FROM YOU FIRST!